Thursday 9 April 2020

Permeance of Art

The permeance of art
 Reconnect with your practice 
in any way you can, all the creative people who ve not gotten around to doing projects the usual way. Not having access to the studio or regular work space and having only a limited supply at home of art material I m wondering how to make the most of time at hand. 

Find articles around the house that are in a little bit of TLC. 
Recycle, Refurbish, Reuse and evening Repurpose. 
All this adds to us moving towards a greener world. 

I found these old candle stands gathering dust on a corner top shelf. 
A bit of cleaning, a little paint and they should be as good as new. 

The carving on the pieces is beautiful and I thought a dull gold will be a good effect. I have used acrylic paint which usually I use for the canvasses. A coat of clear sealant on these should seal in the paint when I am done. For fun I going to add another colour to the top. A dark shade probably Aquamarine.


The finished pieces.. this took about half an hour and feel great. 
Off to look for more things I can paint over. 
Tc all !!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment