Thursday 14 April 2016

How Murals are made : Deviba Wala 's Studio

Butterfly wing : Painted Mural

From concept to executing the work 

:) paint what you see and you can't go wrong !!!




I have always worked with my gut when I paint and I don't rush things. An idea will come when it will come, I feel blessed to have the ability to translate these fragile figment of imagination into tangible real works. it's a little crazy sometimes when you 're always seeing things differently and finding shapes. but I am not complaining :) 
My style of working is to have the canvas or material in front of me where I can see it and then just have it near me to keep staring at until an idea takes shape or in some poetic way until it speaks to me. 
I have tried forcing the process by sitting with a size written on a paper and beginning to do a series of sketches to then try and fill that space.. It never works for me.  
I need to cut out a canvas that size and have it in front of me. Then I can paint.






This has taught me that it's ok to do things the way you want to ..
Ok if your processes don't match those of others - this makes the work more mine. 
I know every work I leave behind is a part of me 

No comments:

Post a Comment